What No Safety - Health and Safety Specialists in Salisbury, Wiltshire

Heath and Safety

Frequently Asked Questions

If you have any further questions please email mail@whatnosafety.co.uk

Q: What is covered by the Control of Vibration at Work Regulations 2005?







Hand–arm vibration comes from the use of hand-held power tools wherever powered hand tools are used for significant lengths of time. This is especially so in foundries, construction and heavy fabrication including ship building 

Download our helpsheet.


Q: Everything to do with health and safety appears to involve risk assessment, how do I do one?

book about to tread on banana skin
Health and safety is about controlling risk, providing a safe environment for your workers and anyone that visits your premises. By incorporating health and safety as part of your governance, principles and of course policy you will be doing all that you can to avoid accidents happening!
Download our helpsheet.

Q: What is competence?

word graphic competennce
The essence of competence is relevance to the workplace. What matters is that there is a proper focus on both the risks that occur most often and those with serious consequences.
Download our helpsheet.

Q: Do I need to carry out a First Aid assessment?

doctor and patient
Every employer must provide adequate and appropriate first aid equipment as part of their first aid arrangements. But how do they determine what is adequate and appropriate?
Download our helpsheet.

Q: Do I need to provide personal protective equipment to all my staff?

hard hat on bricks
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) refers to protective clothing, helmets, goggles, or other items of clothing or equipment designed to protect the wearer from injury or infection
Download our helpsheet.

Q: Working with Display Screen Equipment

pc users

Did you know it is a legal requirement for all employers to perform a suitable and sufficient workstation risk assessment and to provide adequate health and safety training for users?

Download our helpsheet.

Q: I run a small business. Do I need a health and safety policy?

If you have 5 or more employees you must have a written health and safety policy. Even if you have fewer than 5 employees it is still good practice to have one.